Pantarul – feels like home.
Welcome. Make yourself at home. Are you up for a snack with a glass of local wine or a several-course dinner which will make all your senses flick? Our chef Jadran Tutavac will have the right solution, whatever you may wish for. Top quality, yet unpretentious food – modern cuisine at its best.
Our menu lives with the seasons and all the dishes are prepared using local produce sourced by farmers from Dubrovnik's surroundings, especially from Župa and Konavle. Fresh fish is delivered daily and our meat comes from the most reliable, high-quality sources. Homemade pasta and bread, a creative wine list featuring Croatian wines and an honest smile on the waiters' faces – when we dine out, these are the things we look for in a restaurant ourselves.
- Steak tartare 94kn
- Fish tartare 90 kn
- Beef tongue carpaccio 110 kn
- Traditional soparnik flatbread 84 kn
Side dishesSide dishes 34 kn Salads 34 kn Assortment of homemade bread and local olive oil 5 kn
- Daily soup 40 kn
- Spring rolls 48 kn
- Pan-seared foie gras 128 kn
- Crispy panko-coated chicken 82 kn
- Bruschetta with brodet 110 kn
Home made pasta and risottos
- Vegetable risotto with mascarpone 88 kn
- Saffron and scallop risotto 136 kn
- Spaghetti with tomato salsa, pesto and prawns124 kn
- Spicy gnocchi with turkey 116 kn
- Beef fillet 190 kn
- Slowly braised ox cheeks 146 kn
- Slowly braised lamb 224 kn
- Pork ﬁllet with bacon 160 kn
- Gourmet burger 118 kn
- Sea bream with vegetables 148 kn
- Turbot with orzotto 138 kn
- Roasted piper guarnard 132 kn
- Fresh ﬁsh steak with Dalmatian-style vegetables 170 kn
FIVE-COURSE FISH TASTING MENU 410 kn
- Fish tartare - Spring rolls - Saffron and scallop risotto - Fresh fish steak with Dalmatian-style vegetables Daily dessert
FIVE-COURSE MEAT TASTING MENU 420 kn
- Steak tartare - Traditional soparnik flatbread - Pan-seared foie gras - Slowly braised ox cheeks Daily dessert
- Gluten-free white chocolate and almond cake with vanilla cream 42 kn
- Chocolate and chili cake with a crispy base 40 kn
- Lemon meringue tart 42 kn
- Almond brittle and caramel semifreddo 38 kn
- Daily selection of desserts 40 kn
- Cheese platter - a selection of Croatian and imported cheeses 88 kn
Kralja Tomislava 1
+385 20 333 486
Open: Tuesday - Sunday 12:00-16.00 and 18.00-24.00
Give us a ring or drop a line by e-mail to book your table.
Are you up for some new adventures in the kitchen? Perhaps you've fallen in love with Croatia and would like to have a taste of it from time to time at home? What's Cooking in Dubrovnik? is a cookbook in English, written by Ana-Marija Bujić, an acclaimed Croatian food blogger. With more than 300 pages, and 120 recipes – each accompanied by a short story and a full-page photo – this book is a guide to the way people in Dubrovnik eat and live today. Inside, you'll find traditional dishes which have been present in the area for several centuries, but also some more recent ones. All the recipes have been tried and tested and many of them are part of family heritage. It's a bit like having a Croatian grandmother standing next to you in the kitchen, telling you what to do.
Flip through the online preview.
The cookbook is available for order at a price of 250 kn at [email protected] and it can also be purchased here:
- Restaurant Pantarul, Kralja Tomislava 1
- Duty-free Shop, Dubrovnik Airport (Čilipi)
- Knjižara Algebra, Stradun
- Terra Croatica, Ulica od Puča 17
- Tisak Media, Pile
- Školska knjiga, Poljana Paska Miličevića
- Kawa Shop, Hvarska 2
- Croatian Design Superstore, Martićeva
- Vivat fina vina, Frana Folnegovića 1b
- Školska knjiga, Trg bana Jelačića
- Knjižara Ljevak, Trg bana Jelačića
- Školska knjiga, Trg braće Radića 7
- Books For Cooks, 4 Blenheim Cres, London W11 1NN
Do we really have to make a reservation?
Yes. We'd strongly advise you to book a table a few days in advance (especially if you'd like to come for dinner). This way you can avoid taking a walk all the way to the restaurant and leaving hungry. Just give us a call (+385 20 333 486) or drop us a line by e-mail ([email protected]) and we'll have a table waiting for you.
How can I get to Pantarul from the Old Town?
You can either take a taxi from Pile Gate (the ride lasts approximately 5-10 minutes and should not cost more than 15-20 euros) or you can take the bus No 4 or No 6. If you take the bus No4, get off at that Square 2 Stop. If you take the bus No 6, get off at the M. Bratoša Stop. The bus timetable can be found on the Dubrovnik Libertas website.
Is there a dress code?
No. Relax and wear the shoes that won't give you sore feet.
What's this about a restaurant cookbook you have on offer?
That's our way of letting you take a piece of Dubrovnik home. Our restaurant cookbook features 120 typical Dubrovnik recipes, with detailed instructions and lots of photos. It has 320 pages and it isn't just a dull cookbook – every recipe has a story explaining the ingredients, traditions or origins of the dish. It was written by one of Pantarul's co-owners and has proved to be a great souvenir to take home. Beware though - it's a hardback and quite heavy!
Why are you closed on Mondays when everyone else is working?
Because we believe in doing business the right way – chefs too like to go for a swim from time to time. Pantarul is open all year long and having one day off is a guarantee that the food that ends up on your plate is prepared without stress and with maximum love and care.
Why is your name 'Pantarul'? What does that mean?
In the Dubrovnik dialect 'pantarul' means 'fork'. A simple word very dear to our hearts.
Is that coaster or yours the whole menu? That's it?
Yes. We love flipping through books (and even writing our own, as you'll see from the restaurant cookbook we've prepared for you), but not through menus. As our menu changes with the seasons, we want to place emphasis on quality rather than quantity. With about twenty dishes to choose from, we are certain that everyone will find something to their liking.
How come your wines are cheaper when compared to those in other restaurants in the area?
We want you to order a whole bottle without so much as batting an eyelash. And there are no unpleasant surprises when the bill arrives.